Saturday, September 16, 2006

Knitting and Stitching, NEC

I went to the Knitting and Stitching show at the NEC yesterday (Friday), and bought lots of buttons - two "lucky dip bags" full of odds and ends - as well as some other buttons. I spent a lot of time this morning seeing if there were any matches and there were. I didn't take any pictures: I started to do a little bit, then Kiddo came to help, and suddenly there were hundreds of little piles on the dining room table, all of which had to be moved so we could have lunch.

I got a 350g hank of pure wool for £7.50, a ball of sock wool from Web of Wool to match the jumper I am slowly knitting with wool I bought from them at Alexandra Palace last year. I got a ball of Fleece Artist sock wool from the get knitted stall, with the vague thought of turning it into a nearly Clapotis, but I don't think I have enough.

I subscribed to Yarn Forward, I bought a couple of books, and some material, two cross-stitch kits and a few other odds and ends. I might take some photos later. I looked for, but failed to find, Interweave Knits magazine or the Mason-Dixie book, both of which I want.

I didn't met any bloggers other then Kerrie, but we had a good chat.

The overall impression was that it is

  1. significantly smaller then Alexandra Palace
  2. far fewer visitors
  3. a good range of crafts
  4. few stalls of a particular type

I'm glad I went, but I'm also glad I'll be going to Ally Pally.

One frustration: I knitted my sock on the train on the way there, and I seem to have lost one of the needles. Maybe it will turn up...

No comments: