Thursday, September 07, 2006

The craft for the day is...

Just like Caroline yesterday, my children were back at school today, and just like Caroline, I was ready to start crafting at ten.

I decided to make the "needle nest" kit I'd bought from Village Fabrics at the Festival of Quilts. I was tempted to replace their material with some other, and then use this same other material to make a pin cushion. OTOH, I almost certainly didn't have the right types, and then I'd wait until I'd bought some, and the whole thing would go on and on.

Here is what came with the kit:
material
And here is the other equiptment I thought I might need.
equiptment
Do I have any co-ordinating blue thread?
threads
Look at how well I got the lines to cross - I did it by eye.
neatly crossed stitches
I didn't like their button much so I thought I'd see if I had an alternative: theirs is the one on the top left, but I thought the one on the bottom left matched better.
several buttons
Finally:
finished kitI thought the kit was very good. The material was good quality. The instructions were clear and easy to follow.

I'd give it an overall 10 out of 10.

No comments: