Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Shopping List for the Festival of Quilts

My stash overfloweth. I have more then enough in the way of material, wool, yarn and just general crafty stuff, to keep me making things for quite some time. I have material in the garage, and yarn in a kid's room. So, in terms of both time-to-complete and storage-capacity, I really don't need to do any random supply buying at the Festival of Quilts.

I do have some ideas of future projects that I'll want to do one day, possibly, maybe. My aim is to only buy material that will be appropriate for any such future plans.

  1. Pansies: I have the urge to do something pansy related, but I don't know what yet.
  2. Pictures: like the cloud material from the Makeower Maritime range, which I used in my Charmed quilt. Making pictures using picture fabric appeals to me.
  3. Astronomical material: for quilts showing star formation and the night sky, and I think I'd like to make some using fabric like this range.
  4. Six inch charm squares that cost less then 20p each: I have a source for them at that price, and I am actually using them up. If I'd got round to showing you my Project Spectrum efforts you could see them too. The project I am doing is not for Project Spectrum, so I'm not restricted colour-wise.
  5. Anything else I really, really like: I do have to allow for complete impulse. After all, you go to this kind of show to find new ideas. Aboriginal inspired prints and things that make me think "bricks" are permitted.
My shopping list does not cover patterns or gadgets, but I tend to be quite restrained over those anyway.

green stripey bagPS I'll be taking my green stripey bag when I go on Friday, so if you see it, please say "Hi". It'll probably be around "Subway" at about 2pm, so be sure to look for it there. Please don't be shy, even if I'm talking to anyone else.

3 comments:

caroline said...

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog letting me know about the meet-up on Friday. Sadly, I am going to have to miss out on the Festival because of school holiday commitments. You will post what you thought of it though won't you?

Hope you have a good time.

The WestCountryBuddha said...

Hi Penny, Couldn't make Friday (went on Thursday!) but hope you had a good time. Thanks for letting me know about it though. Let us know what you thought, and what you bought.

Connie said...

Hi Penny,

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Re: Classic Elite Fame. There was so little interest in it that I ended up giving it to my cousin, another avid knitter. I wish I had seen your comment earlier because I would definitely have mailed it overseas. Oh well... But thanks for the interest. :)