Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Home Again!

At last, I'm home!

Yeah, we've come back from our trip to Kendal, near the Lake District.

OK, I didn't tell you about it in advance: posting to the entire internet that the house is empty for a week or two does not seem a wise thing to do. So I go to the other extreme, although I did let the people I met at the Festival of Quilts know. (That is why DH was such a star - he was incredibly supportive of my decision to abandon him with the children when we were supposed to be on holiday.)

It's also why I could only blog by email: we have a mobile broadband dongle, but our settings were incredibly strict parental, which allowed me to log on to my spare email provider, but not blogger's dashboard.

Over the next few posts, I'll put up some more details of the Festival of Quilts (with photos!), pictures of the house where we stayed and details of our walks.

1 comment:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Very sensible..I don't "announce" my time away either. Hope you had a good time and look forward to seeing your FOQ pics.