Monday, September 29, 2008

Still here

I've been swotting up for my History of science exam next week, which means I haven't been doing anything blog-worthy. Oh I suppose I could tell you about the Freiburg Mining Academy, but really, you don't want to know.

However you might be more interested in a program about the history of maths starting next Monday (6th October) at 9pm on BBC4.
memo to self: set the video

As a break from studying, I have been making steady progress on the Loden Jacket. However it doesn't change much, just gets longer. This photo was taken at the University of Birmingham, where I went on Saturday for a meeting organised by the BSHM. I wanted to take a photo of it with the University's red brick buildings behind, but then I would have had to explain what I was doing to other BSHM members. And I couldn't quite bring myself to do that...
lace knitting

4 comments:

Heather said...

Hope you had a good time at the meeting, and good luck with the exam. I could be found on saturday morning taking photos of my sock with the bridge of Sighs in Oxford :-) Must download the photo from the camera and post it. Perhaps I just have no shame?

trash said...

It is a dangerous thing - a crafter/blogger with a camera and a pretty background - we have no shame it is true.

Penny said...

I can take photos in front of strangers, no problems. It's when you know the people well enough not to want to appear nuts, but not well enough to explain exactly what you are doing. It would be all right, if I had a partner in crime - two people photographing knitting together would just be a bit strange.

Roobeedoo said...

That's a very delicate piece of knitting you've got there! Lovely colour - look forward to seeing the whole thing! P.S. thanks for your comment.