Thursday, December 10, 2009

Return of the Advent Candle

A year ago, I was commenting on the silent ending of a family tradition.

I'm happy to say that about a month ago, Middle Kiddo and I bought an advent candle from a pre-Christmas fair in Milton Keynes shopping centre, and it lights up our evening meals. square of

There is a change to the tradition though - I don't light it any more. The kiddos take turns. Young Kiddo uses extra-long matches and blows them out immediately but Old Kiddo uses normal length ones and sees how long they will stay burn.

3 comments:

tea and cake said...

Hi, now I know Christmas is on its way!

Roobeedoo said...

Ha! Just don't sit it on top of a wood-burning stove, that's all I've got to say!
(Oops.)

Ferret said...

I'm glad you found one. I think they are great. Hope you will have one next year too. Has older kiddo worked out that the head end might be cool enough to hold in time to burn the whole match?