Thursday, May 08, 2008

very large spiders

I'm not normally a person who gets scared of spiders. However when I saw an enormous one [1] in the basin before I had my coffee, I couldn't help but let out a little screech.
(All pictures clickable, but you might not want to look.)

It took about an hour until I was brave enough to deal with her, with a plastic cup and a piece of junk mail.
spider under cup

After I took the cup off her, she paused as if to pose for photographs.
freed spiderspider, close-up under cup

Then suddenly she scuttled in the direction of the open front door...
spider scuttling

... but instead scooted behind a flowerpot and off into the shrubs.
dark behind flowerpot

[1] That's enormous spider for England, not enormous spider for places like Australia.

1 comment:

Shan said...

Oooh, that's a nice one! They do like the sinks, don't they? It's good motivation for me to clean mine out every night as I'd much rather encounter one in an empty sink, than find her after I've had my hands in there lifting everything out.