Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Knit Content

I've now got as link into my blog, from who wouldn't love a hand knitted gift/ KAL, so I ought to blog about knitting, just a little bit.

I learnt to knit when I was 7 - Mrs Philips taught me at school. My mother knits beautifully, complicated lace and colour work, so I grew up with knitting around, and she would help me make things.

The first thing I really knitted though was a blanket, which I did all by myself in my teens. It was in a huge range of scrap yarns, of different colours and weights. Each square was made by casting on 20 stitches on UK size 8 (4mm) needles.

Other things followed, toys and sweaters for example. Then I went through a bit of knitting wilderness, caused by the wrong projects, but now I'm doing lots of it. However most of the things I have done in the last few years have been for other people: time to do things for me.

No comments: