Bought to make Isaac's bachelor's gown:
ffor Woosted Prunella 8yds 1/2. 1 . 5 . 6
ffor the lining 4yds ———— 0 . 9 . 4
He also spent 16 shillings on a magnet.
More information here.
Now for a picture of Isabella.
I wore it for the first time on Sunday. Up until then it kept being too hot: these photos were taken the day I finished it, about ten days ago.
Pattern: Isabella from Knitty
Yarn: Rowan Cotton Glace
Shade: 791, a pale fudge colour
Quantity: 6 balls (or was it 5 balls, or 7 balls?) with a teensy bit leftover
Stash busting: 6 balls
Time Taken: about 3.5 months from start to finish
Modification: changed sleeves, used yarn with a different gauge
I started this more or less the day Knitty came out. I got sidetracked with knitting of failed projects, plus other stuff going on. When I was actually knitting it, it went fast. I really liked the lace panel, and it seems to flatter my hourglass figure.
The original was sleeveless. However, I was worried I'd get sunburnt shoulders, so I added cap sleeves. I'm not sure they quite work. Dh knows to say only nice things about my knitting, but when I said the sleeves would go down well at a Star Trek convention, he said he had spotted the similarity. If I was doing them again, I'd probably decrease more in the sleeve section. Also, before washing, the armholes seemed quite gape-y, but they seemed to have settled a bit. I don't think I'll redo them.
The picot edging turns up as well, so I might redo that. Or I might not.
The pattern says to:
Posted by Penny at 5:52 pm
I've finished Isabella at long last: I made some changes to the sleeve, which I will write up and include in a post, along with pictures.
There seemed to be a huge load of sewing up with Isabella, and having finished it, I continued with sewing in ends of some other projects.
This one is obviously Grrr from Knitty. I used some Patons 100% cotton, which had been in my stash for a while.
Posted by Penny at 5:47 pm